Sunday, March 6, 2011

Building awesomeness brick by brick.

Dear readers,


How many of you remember LEGOtm?
Building everything that is from your imagination, block by block.




I have fond memories of those little blocks. It's one of the toys that I remembered me playing as a kid. Being lucky enough to actually own toys, I enjoyed playing LEGOtm very much, even if my fondness for them has declined over time, the notion of being able to create items from scratch to reflect whatever I had in my head when I was young is still a burning passion deep within.


Being one of the individuals who has laid my feet on this world that is brimming with possibilities;
Being one of the individuals who would spend a good amount of effort and time to materialize what is vaguely imprinted in my brain;
Being one of the individuals who enjoys the idea that you're literally playing using your imagination;
I love anything that provides me the means to form, to adapt, to build, and most importantly:


To play!

LEGOtm was just one of them. The evolution of digital entertainment makes possibilities a lot more imaginary, if you get what I mean. In better words, imagination is now made possible with access to a common resource, the two digits that would be the basis to the digital world. '1's and '0's are now the basic building blocks for digital awesomeness.

In more layman's terms, computers are now an affordable commodity that can be own by average joe's like me, and with the computer, I can have more means to build my imagination. More means to have good fun.

Now, I enjoy games as much as I enjoy playing LEGOtm when I was a kid. Then, I bumped into something that is a little bit of the best of both worlds:


Minecraft is a sandbox game, where you can practically destroy and create blocks from all around a world of blocks. Each block having its own properties, and having bound to those rules, you can create your own world the way you want it to be. I have played it for 3 weeks now, and will probably post some of my adventures on the blog. maybe even start a whole new adventure when my buddies finally decided to join me as well. The people from Minecraft development are kind enough to create a server program and distribute it, so, when I have more players, blogging about it will be a whole lot more fun!

Expect to see more of my Minecraft mis-adventures on this blog, that is when I can get them to play, and please visit the wiki page of Minecraft to understand what the world of Minecraft has to offer, or visit their main page to get a whole load of old school fun!



P.S. You can search YouTube for Minecraft videos. Some are hilarious! Some are informative.

No comments:

Post a Comment