Sunday, March 20, 2011

The feeling that lingers...

Dear readers,


I've been absent for a week now, having my leisure time mainly occupied by Dragon Age 2. It wasn't the charmer as the first game was, but, it's an amazing game in its own right. It's always tough having to follow the footsteps of a great predecessor. I have not completed the game yet. Still listening/reading all the dialogs I can have with with my crew of party members. It's always nice to see that plenty of effort have been placed into the building of the characters, and how some of the characters from the first game are loosely linked to the second game.


It's really easy to have attachments to a lot of things, and detaching from some in favor of others. So many things we love to do, so many people you would love to spend your time with, but we all have choices to make. Would you spend 4 hours accompanying your family to shopping than to play the amazing game called Dragon Age 2? I know I chose the former, most of the time. Hence my slow progress of the game. I don't regret it, but sometimes I wish my sister can spend less time in the women's section so I can see what I want to see in the mall, and not just seeing her trying on the multitude of clothes that never seem to end in supply.


I'm currently not in any sort relationship, and I'm not sure whether to be thankful that I can still spend time leisurely on games or to dwell in the felling of wanting someone to hold when all I have in mind, is that special someone? Some attachments are harder to remove than others, so what do you do? You attach yourself to things that keeps your mind flowing with different ideas. Coinciding with the supermoon event, which happens today, I'm going to relate my affection to that special someone to the moon then.





I love the moon, love it in so many ways. Love it when it's a crescent, and especially loving it when it's full. I fell heads over toes for a girl, a high maintenance girl, the same way I pour my affection to the moon. Who doesn't love high maintenance girls? They make you heart pump. Or maybe someplace else, I wouldn't emphasize where. They can fill your mind with a lot of sweet thoughts. Some thoughts that I am too readily believe to be true. I tell myself so many things when in truth, nothing ever hits the right spot, or hit her right spot, in this matter.


I ain't a party boy, fail to have a great body, and is most of the time an average Joe. No tycoon's money, no movie star's look, no genius' smarts, and no model's physique. Oh, the reasons that I keep giving myself when I fail to win her heart over. Then I realize, the moon is only beautiful when it's something that you cannot readily grasp with your bare hands. In reality, the moon is a desert of rock and sand. In reality, I'm already standing on Paradise. And what is more beautiful that the world around us? The same mentality that I would use on her. She's still a friend, someone that I can talk to readily, a little too readily at moments. She has her flaws, and I'm not blind to it, but who doesn't have their flaws? In fact, I much prefer for her to have a life that she chooses, even when I'm not part of it.


She still makes me smile, whenever she puts on hers. At the moment I typed that phrase, I realize that it has been three years, liking the same girl, but not having the right tools in the shed to win her over. I have been giving myself the wrong ideas, having too much of hope and falling too hard when what I thought to be true, is just something my mind came up with. She has been strongly against the fact that there can be nothing more than friends, I just failed at accepting what was not meant to be.


I'm not trying to be a drama king here. I'm typing all these words with a smile on my face, believe it or not. It's just that the feeling still lingers, and I love strengthening it, and typing it out. I may be secretly wanting the wrong ideas to be right in the end, but I know that all of the wrong ideas are reasonably wrong for the right reasons. I know where I stand, and I know the moon is always there to shine, even when she doesn't look upon the same moon as I do.


I know damn well that I'll meet somebody else that can give me the same feelings in the future, hopefully somewhere in the near future. There's always someone out there for you now, ain't there? At least that's something I still believe in.





Have a great night, readers. Enjoy the full moon at its glorious state, especially tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment